Tänane kuupäev 28 Mär 2024, 21:43

Kõik kellaajad on UTC + 2 tundi [ DST ]

Tee uus teema Vasta teemale  [ 10 postitust ] 
Autor Sõnum
PostitusPostitatud: 05 Sept 2018, 20:40 
Eemal
sõnatu

Hi there,
Just bought a Cadillac Seville STS '98 today in Tallinn. I would like to get your recommendations on best Cadillac car services/masters, preferably not too far from city center, and which also are not very expensive.
First of all I would like to run full diagnostics of the car, to get the full picture of what have I bought :) and then will see, how to proceed and what needs fixing first.

Secondary importance question, where to do paint jobs in Tallinn? The car has a little bit rust on both rear wings, and I would like to fix that before it spreads. Also it has some paint damage, which I would like to fix eventually as well..

Thanks in advance. :beer

Üles
 Profiil  

PostitusPostitatud: 05 Sept 2018, 21:04 
Eemal
ravi puudub
Kasutaja avatar

Skype Kasutaja: eldorado67
Your car has built in diagnostics for all elecric systems, body, engine, abs, tcs and so on.

How and what, you can read here:

http://forum.cadillacclub.ee/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=375

I dont see reason, to pay for diagnostics in car shop...

Üles
 Profiil  

PostitusPostitatud: 05 Sept 2018, 21:18 
Eemal
sõnatu

Thanks, but with diagnostics I meant also suspension, brakes, engine, etc. not only electronics part, just for some expert mechanic to check whole car condition, if there are any fluid leaks, something is very worn etc. Basically to give overall car evaluation and to point my attention to details which I am not noticing myself as non-expert :) If all is good, I am more than happy, but since the car is 20 years old, I have suspicion that some repairs will be needed.
Also the car has engine belt, which probably needs replacement? I know I should change the oil and filters, but what else should I do on a just bought car? Any advice is appreciated, as american cars is something completely new to me.

Üles
 Profiil  

PostitusPostitatud: 05 Sept 2018, 21:47 
Eemal
ravi puudub
Kasutaja avatar

diagnostics give you exact situation of any part, connected to electrics. Even worn wheel bearings (via abs senders), shocks (they are electrically adjusted), all engine senders talk about any abnormalities. and so on.

Engine belt is only for accessories, Northstar is chains driven.

Beside oils and filters, throw in new spark plugs and wires, antifreeze and drive it. If it aint broken, dont fix it :beer

Üles
 Profiil  

PostitusPostitatud: 05 Sept 2018, 21:57 
Eemal
sõnatu

Well, there definitely are some things broken, like gauges don't work in instrument panel, speed is shown digitally, lights are on, but analog gauges for speed, rpms, fuel and temperature are at 0 at all times. Also there is check engine light on, which supposedly should be fixed by one sensor change costing 15 eur, I will see tomorrow if that helped.
But anyway, the question remains, can you suggest any car service that knows these kind of cars, somewhere near or not very far from city center? As currently only service I got recommended is around 10+ km away from center, and if I have to leave car there for whatever reason, it is not very convenient to get back to center :(

Üles
 Profiil  

PostitusPostitatud: 06 Sept 2018, 06:31 
Eemal
ravi puudub
Kasutaja avatar

http://www.ameerikaauto.ee/ Not too far and pretty known place.

BTW, IF you look you inbuilt diagnostics, you already know, why engine light is on and why dash isnt wotking :eye

Üles
 Profiil  

PostitusPostitatud: 06 Sept 2018, 20:36 
Eemal
sõnatu

ok, sure, I will check the onboard diagnostics out as well of course :) thanks.
but Ameerikaauto probably is the most expensive american car service in town :ill Lukksepa- ja hooldustööde normtöötunni hind 48 €
I would be more interested to support some private mechanics/car shops, and would be even interested to participate in repairs myself, if any such possibilities are possible that would be most preferred way. :beer
p.s. getting my car tomorrow from just some random car repair shop in far end of Mustamae where oil and brake fluid pipes are being replaced. then I want to fix the speedometer, and everything else. Also I need to change brake discs and pads, and some engine pillow(?).

And does anybody knows anything about this shop? http://autosober.ee/

Üles
 Profiil  

PostitusPostitatud: 06 Sept 2018, 20:51 
Eemal
ravi puudub
Kasutaja avatar

not many guys there, who know even something about Northstars. Usual oil/brake job, everyone should manage that.

Üles
 Profiil  

PostitusPostitatud: 13 Sept 2018, 21:55 
Eemal
sõnatu

Do you know of any car services/garages, where it is possible to work on your car yourself for car enthusiasts? :) I have my own garage, where I have done some stuff already, like changing the spark plugs (first time ever in my life). But now I would need to do some work which requires underneath access, and that I unfortunately cannot do in my garage.. so looking for options.

Üles
 Profiil  

PostitusPostitatud: 14 Sept 2018, 12:03 
Eemal
ravi puudub
Kasutaja avatar

I am afraid, you dont find such workshop.

Üles
 Profiil  

Näita postitusi eelmisest:  Sorteeri  
Tee uus teema Vasta teemale  [ 10 postitust ] 

Kõik kellaajad on UTC + 2 tundi [ DST ]

Kes on foorumil

Kasutajad foorumit lugemas: Registreeritud kasutajaid pole ja 2 külalist

Sa ei saa teha uusi teemasid siin foorumis
Sa ei saa postitustele vastata siin foorumis
Sa ei saa muuta oma postitusi siin foorumis
Sa ei saa kustutada oma postitusi siin foorumis
Sa ei saa postitada siin foorumis manuseid