ja siin kahetuhandendate katsetus

Üles
 Profiil  

PostitusPostitatud: 18 Sept 2012, 15:12 
Eemal
ravi puudub
Kasutaja avatar

Skype Kasutaja: devildeville
Foorumites satub huvitavate inimeste otsa, siin natuke insight-i pea otsesest allikast:

"I had the good fortune to have known Robert Templin who retired as Chief Engineer of CMD. We had several conversations regarding the V-12(s) and the Eldorado, and the short version is that there was no validity to the "urban myth" that the V-12 was destined for the Eldo. The V-12 was Ed Cole's brain child, and the long hood on the Eldo was intended to replicate the cars of the Golden Age (styling departments idea) of Automobiles.
There were in fact 3 different designs for the V-12, non of which could be made to operate with a vibration level satisfactory to meet Cadillac standards.
What actually determined it's fate was two things.1. Engineering took two identical cars. One had (there were actually several cars with several of the V-12 combinations) the (later standard) prototype 472-V-8, and the4 other had one of the V-12 variants.
The cars were driven by Cadillac Executives and Ed Cole in particular. It was a "blind" test and the drivers did not know which engine was in the car they were driving. The results were that the V-12 was not chosen as the better by anyone.
2. The cost of the OHC, Aluminum block/Head, complex V-12 was about 5 times the cost of the V-8, when production costs were factored in.

I did an article in the Self Starter several years back which was my multiple subject interview with Bob Templin, and the V-12/Eldo Myth was one of those (along with the demise of the Air Ride systems) that he dispelled.
Greg Surfas"

Üles
 Profiil  

Näita postitusi eelmisest:  Sorteeri  
Tee uus teema Vasta teemale  [ 2 postitust ] 

Kõik kellaajad on UTC + 2 tundi [ DST ]

Kes on foorumil

Kasutajad foorumit lugemas: Registreeritud kasutajaid pole ja 8 külalist

Sa ei saa teha uusi teemasid siin foorumis
Sa ei saa postitustele vastata siin foorumis
Sa ei saa muuta oma postitusi siin foorumis
Sa ei saa kustutada oma postitusi siin foorumis